Follow in the Steps of Bruce Lee!
The NY Martial Arts Academy team of recognized instructors:
- 40 years of martial arts experience, began training in 1973
- 25+ years teaching martial arts
- Director of NY Martial Arts Academy since 1994
- Full instructor in Jeet Kune Do under Chris Kent
- Instructor in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do under Ted Wong
- Instructor in R. Gracie Jiu Jitsu under Grandmaster Reylson Gracie
- Full Instructor in Kali
- Instructor in Pencak Silat under the World Kali Silat Society
- Full Instructor in Jun Fan Gung Fu
- 15 years of traditional martial art training
- Featured in Men's Journal, The New York Sun, The New York Post, Newsday, & Bruce Lee Magazine
- Appeared on Fox, ESPN, MSG, Channel 11/WPIX
- Competed in martial art tournaments from 1976-1986
- 1997 - Started JKD program at New York Health and Raquet Club
- 1st Instructor recognized by Bruce Lee Education Foundation in tri-state area
Director of Operations
- Lifelong Martial Artist. He started his martial arts training at age 7
- Trained in Thai Boxing and Kali
- Certified Level 2 Instructor in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
- Successfully competed for the last 5 years in grappling competitions
- Graduated Suma Cum Laude from St. John’s University with a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management.
- Graduated from Fordham University with a Master’s Degree in Global Finance.
Director of Brooklyn
- Has been training in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do for the last 12 years. Began his martial arts career at the age of 11.
- Trained in Shotokan Karate and Japanese Ninjitsu.
- Married for 18 years with 2 children who train at NY Martial Arts Academy for the last 9 years.
- Level 2 Instructor in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.
Director of Glen Cove
- Tony Woo is a Level 2 instructor in Jeet Kune Do and has been training at NY Martial Arts Academy for over 10 years.
- Tony also has 10 years of traditional martial arts training in Tae Kwon Do and Hapkido.
- He is married for 17 years and has a son who is 15 years old and also trains at NY Martial Arts Academy.
- Tony is an active law enforcement officer with 18+ years of service
Director of Instructor Development
- Lifelong martial arts practitioner. Began his training in traditional martial arts 22 years ago.
- Has been studying Jeet Kune Do for 9 Years.
- Full time instructor who is in charge of the Philosophy class.
- Through group and private instruction, Andre is certified as a level 2 instructor in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.
- Graduated from Yale.
Director of Little Neck
- Started training in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do at the age of 14.
- At 18, Daniel joined the U.S. Marine Corps where he served 2 tours in Iraq.
- After his honorable discharge in 2009, Daniel returned to his martial arts training.
- Successfully competed in mixed martial arts tournaments and grappling competitions.
- Graduated from Long Island University with a Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science.
- Currently pursuing his Master’s degree in Exercise Physiology at Long Island University.
- Started training martial arts at the age of 5.
- Trained in Kar Do Jitsu Ryu, Tae Kwon Do, Shotokan Karate, and Hung Gar.
- Has been training in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do for over 10 years.
- Certified as a level 1 instructor in Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do.